We are three weeks from Election Day, and last night on Fox News with Steve Hilton I previewed my closing argument.
The 2022 midterm elections are a referendum on the historic failures of Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi’s Congress. And our race for the House of Representatives, a high-stakes battle for a rare open seat, presents this choice as clearly as any in the country.
I launched my campaign by vowing to fight Biden and Pelosi’s radical agenda just as hard as I’ve fought Newsom and the Supermajority. Our opponent, Kermit Jones, launched his by vowing to keep Pelosi and House Democrats in power so they can “make even more changes.”
That is the simple choice: go further down the road we are on, or move in a new direction. Here are five reasons for all voters – Republican, Democrat, or Independent – to vote for a new direction.
- The Biden-Pelosi-Kermit agenda of “even more changes” means even higher gas prices, even higher grocery prices, even more illegal border crossings, and even more crime. There is an indisputable cause-and-effect relationship between their policies the last two years and the declining strength, vitality, and quality of life of our country.
- The Biden-Pelosi-Kermit agenda aims to make our politics even more one-sided. We have one-party rule in Washington and one-party rule in Sacramento. What has resulted is ever more extreme policies, a total lack of accountability, and the highest level of public dissatisfaction on record.
- The Biden-Pelosi-Kermit agenda serves Special Interests rather than the public interest. That’s why they shut down our schools and harmed millions of kids in defiance of all data and common sense. That’s why they are trying to nationalize AB 5, which stole the livelihoods of countless California freelancers as a massive payoff to wealthy unions.
- The Biden-Pelosi-Kermit agenda is rooted in division. After pledging to unify the country, Biden has demonized the opposition party unlike any American president in history. Kermit has followed this example with fear-mongering ads that even the Sacramento Bee called false.
- The Biden-Pelosi-Kermit agenda seeks to normalize the government control of the last three years. Gavin Newsom gave the game away on April 1, 2020, when he declared the novel coronavirus an “opportunity” for a “new progressive era” predicated on expanding government and reducing freedom.
In sum, the Biden-Pelosi-Kermit agenda takes Newsom at his word when he says California is a “model for the nation.”
We of course know that California is anything but a model for the nation. It is a warning to the nation. We now have the chance to sound that warning from sea to shining sea and turn the Biden-Pelosi-Kermit agenda on its head:
- Stopping inflation, securing the border, getting crime under control, and putting parents in charge of their child’s education.
- Restoring balance, oversight, and accountability to our government so that it truly serves the people.
- Bringing our country together around America’s founding ideals, as turn the page on this era of government control and return power to local communities and their citizens.
I believe California is worth fighting for. I believe our country is worth fighting for. It is an honor to be in the fight with you, and it would be the honor of a lifetime to represent you in Congress.